Do you know what happens when you look in your pantry and think, “What can I make with these ingredients that will look really pretty so that people will want to eat it at the potluck?”
You end up mixing M&Ms and crushed Oreos into cookie bars. I must say, it was a success.
- 1 box devils food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or applesauce
- 1 cup mint chocolate M&Ms (I only used green and white candies)
- 1 package mint chocolate Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9×13 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix together cake mix, eggs, and oil until well combined.
- Fold M&Ms into batter.
- Place 10 Oreos in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Fold crushed Oreos into batter.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove pan from oven and press remaining 20 Oreos into the top of the batter.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the cookie bars comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting into 20 rectangles.
- Eat and enjoy!