My favorite family tradition is Christmas morning breakfast. We devour homemade waffles, bacon, and fruit before we open presents. Christmas morning at our house is slow and peaceful.
If your family tends to have a more rushed Christmas morning, then this is the perfect Christmas morning breakfast for you. You can bake these pancake bars a night or two before and warm them in the microwave on Christmas morning. They are dense, chewy, and slightly sweet, just like an extra-thick pancake.
- 3 cups of pancake mix + the extra ingredients listed on the package (water, eggs, milk, oil, etc.)
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare pancake batter according to the directions on the package.
- Stir in cocoa powder, 2 tbs peanut butter, 1 banana (mashed), and the powdered sugar.
- Pour batter into a pan that has been coated with non-stick spray.
- Microwave remaining peanut butter about 30 seconds, until drippy. Use a spoon to pour peanut butter in a zig-zag pattern across the top of the pancake bars.
- Cut remaining banana into slices, and arrange the slices on the top of the pancake bars.
- Bake pancake bars for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Let cool completely before cutting.
- Eat and enjoy!