Do you watch the ball drop on New Year’s Eve?
I don’t. This fact probably makes me a terrible American. I don’t spend the last hours of the year with close friends, and I don’t watch the live performances in Times Square. Most often, I sleep as the U.S. celebrates the transition from one year to the next.
If you are a more celebratory individual than I am, you are probably looking for a fun party recipe for New Year’s Eve. Let me recommend this irresistible, sweet, chocolaty, peanut-buttery cheesecake dip.
- 1 box (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips and/or chopped Reese’s cups (I used 1/2 cup of each)
- Bring cream cheese and peanut butter to room temperature so that you can mix it easily. Combine cream cheese and peanut butter in a mixing bowl and beat for about 30 seconds at high speed with a hand mixer.
- Stir powdered sugar into cream cheese and peanut butter mixture. Once the powdered sugar is incorporated, beat the mixture for another 30 seconds with a hand mixer at high speed.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped Reese’s cups.
- Refrigerate until serving, or at least one hour.
- Serve with graham crackers, apple slices, Oreos, pretzels, or anything else that you think would taste good with peanut butter cheesecake dip.