Does anyone else see the perfection of celebrating National Peanut Butter Day (today, January 24) during National Oatmeal Month (January). It’s a match made in heaven!
- 1 cup milk (or water, but milk will yield a creamier result)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Hershey Kiss
- Bring milk to a boil.
- Stir in oatmeal, peanut butter, and cinnamon. Continue to boil for 5 minutes or until the oatmeal reaches your desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl, and top with the Hershey Kiss.
- Let cool, eat, and enjoy!
During the weeks that I have little schoolwork, I catch a glimpse of what life could be like. Instead of reading nonfiction, writing papers, and creating presentations, I could spend my weekends reading novels, writing blog posts, and creating fun breakfasts. While the latter options do sound more relaxing, I realize that I can’t earn a degree just by photographing oatmeal. I’ll use special occasions (like National Peanut Butter Day) as an excuse to take a short break from schoolwork and practice creativity.
Let me know in the comments:
- What is your favorite food holiday?
- How do you spend your weekends?