Simple Joy Saturday will look a little different in 2019. Instead of posting 3 “simple joys” every Saturday, I am going to post a roundup of “simple joys” on the last Saturday of every month. My hope is that the content of these posts will be more substantial and that I will post more consistently.
- The Year of Less by Cait Flanders
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Cristie
My mom bought me a “100 Books Bucket List Scratch-Off Poster” for Christmas. Since then, I have been listening to audiobooks like my life depended on it, and I have only listened to two books that were not on the poster: The Year of Less by Cait Flanders and Shouldn’t You Be in School by Lemony Snicket. In my opinion, those two books should have made the list, and a few other books should be removed from the poster.
- Breyers Non-Dairy Vanilla Peanut Butter Ice Cream (The best $4.50 I spent all month)
- Lazy Ravioli (Lazy or Genius? You can decide for yourself, but I think it’s great!)
- Peanut Butter Blossom Oatmeal
- “The Elements” by TobyMac
“This ain’t our home, nah, not even close”
- “Fully Known” by Tauren Wells
“It’s hard truth and ridiculous grace
To be known, fully known, and loved by You”
- “Someone Like Me” by Brandon Heath
“Ain’t no soul unsaveable
You can’t reach”
During January, any day with sunshine is an enjoyable day!