I never intend to stockpile nut butter; it just happens. I buy a few jars of nut butter on sale. Then my brother gives me nut butter as a present. Then a friend hands off a flavored nut butter that she doesn’t like. Then I win a giveaway. Next thing you know, I’ve got 10 jars of nut butter and only one mouth to feed. If you (like me) ever find yourself with an accidental stockpile of nut butter, bake a batch of these bars!
- 3/4 cup oatmeal, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/4 cup oatmeal ground into oat flour
- 2 tbs. chia seeds, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped (or other dried fruit of your choice)
- Put 3/4 cup oatmeal in a bowl and cover with water. In a separate bowl, combine 2 tbs. chia seeds and 1/2 cup water. Let both mixtures sit overnight or for 6-8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and coat an 8×8 pan with nonstick spray.
- Grind 1/4 cup dry oats into flour. Stir in cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Drain the oatmeal that soaked overnight (but don’t drain the chia seeds!). Stir wet oatmeal into dry mixture.
- Add chia seeds and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Add almond butter. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in chopped apricots.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before slicing and eating. Enjoy!