In 2019, I am posting a roundup of “simple joys” on the last Saturday of every month. Feel free to share your own simple joys in the comments!
- “How to Use Quotation Marks” by Arrent Pedantry
I kindly ask you to click the link above and review the flowchart at the beginning of the post. It may change your life.
- The Time Machine by H.G.Wells
I continued reading (or, more accurately, listening to) books on the 100 Books Bucket List. Out of the 5 books I completed in February, The Time Machine is the only book that I can recommend.
Forgive me for including two grammar-related resources, but if you consider yourself a snoot (syntax nudnik of our time), you will love Garner’s hefty handbook, which cheekily explains every grammar error you could ever encounter.
For an unknown reason, I ate an abundance of Asian food this month. Here are my top 3 recommendations:
- For the omnivores: Cashew Beef Stir Fry from Paleo Foodie Kitchen
- For the herbivores: Masala Baked Indian Tofu from Connoisseurus Veg
- For everyone: Chocolate-covered mango from the Philippines
- “You Are On Our Side” by Bethany Dillon
“You could just be silent and leave us here to die.
Still, You sent Your Son for us.
You are on our side.”
- “I Run” by Brandon Heath
“Every step I take
Is worth the pain
Just to hear You say, ‘Well done'”
- “Amen” by Matthew West
“It’s only by God’s grace I’m standing here today.”
1. I will never complain about unusual 80-degree weather in February. In the words of Matthew West, “Come February, I’m ready for summer. The Superbowl’s over, and I’ll settle for spring.”
2. I also won’t complain about the rainy, cold days–especially if I spend them hiking with my cousin. We walked incredibly close to this heron before it took flight.
3. And I will never ever complain about seeing my parents after they’ve spent 10 days overseas.