In December, I had the passing notion to take a photo every day in 2019 and post the photos to my blog. I had seen other bloggers do this, so I found a list of 365 photo prompts, and I halfheartedly decided that I would try to take a picture every day in January. To my surprise, I succeeded, and since I was already 1/12 of the way done with my unintentional 365-day photo challenge, I figured I might as well continue.
I feel the need to apologize for the plethora of Old Salem photos you will see this year (nearly 36% of the photos that I am sharing this month were taken in Old Salem). My only hope is that all the pictures of handcarts, colorful doors, and archaic signage will make you love Old Salem as much as I do.
But I won’t apologize that four of the photos this month contain chocolate. February is, after all, National Chocolate Lover’s Month.
1. A is for…apple
2. B is for….bowl of blue baubles
3. C is for…cone (pine cone, that is)
4. D is for…dirt
5. E is for…early
6. F is for…files
7. G is for…God’s Acre
8. H is for…handcart
9. I is for…icing
10. J is for…jump (I am sure this bird jumped before it flew)
11. K is for K9 (or canine; spell it as you like)
12. L is for…love
13. M is for…merchant
14. N is for…note
15. O is for…Old Salem
16. P is for…popcorn
17. Q is for…quality–“export quality.” A little backstory: my parents returned home from the Philippines on February 17. This photo is so pitiful because I was enjoying quality time instead of taking quality pictures.
18. R is for…red and rotund
19. S is for…senecio mandraliscae
20. T is for…teacup
21. U is for…unfinished
22. V is for…valuable
23. W is for…wet
24. X is for…xylanthrax (charcoal)
25. Y is for…yard
26. Z is for…zapatos and zig-zags
27. Ten Things
28. Out of Place
P.S. – I am cohosting Fiesta Friday this week with Laurena @ Life Diet Health. Head over to Angie’s blog to see a multitude of delicious recipes.