In 2019, I am posting a roundup of “simple joys” on the last Saturday of every month. Feel free to share your own simple joys in the comments!
The 100 Books Bucket List brought some good reads (or listens) this month. Here are my top three recommendations:
- My Man Jeeves by P. G. Wodehouse
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- Winnie the Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner by A.A. Milne
- White Chocolate Funfetti Popcorn. When I say that I ate bowls of this stuff, I mean so many bowls that I felt a little sick afterwards.
- The Spring Salad Special at The Porch. “Salad” is too simple a word for this warm bowl of vegetables, seeds, and protein. If you live in Winston, grab this seasonal treat before it disappears!
- Mint chocolate chip ice cream cake (made with two of my favorite ice creams–Klondike and Breyers!)
1. “Alive” by Big Daddy Weave
Rich in mercy
You came to save me
Now I’m alive”
2. “Remember” by Lauren Daigle
You have always been faithful to me.”
3. “Turn My Eyes” by Bonray
“I turn my eyes
On Jesus, on Jesus”
- I laughed my way through a Saturday night with other young adults who attend the same Bible study as me. I didn’t take any pictures that night, so here is a photo of the peanut butter rice krispie treats that I made for dessert. Everybody loved them . . . or, at least, everybody ate them and no one complained 🙂
2. Overall, my birthday was just a really good day–good food, good friends, good surprises, good memories.
3. I completed my first triathlon! The night before the race (when I was sitting in front of my refrigerator eating peanut butter from the jar because I couldn’t sleep), I reminded myself that someone has to come in last place. But to my surprise, I came in first place for my age bracket! (Then I went home and ate more peanut butter.)