April 30 is National Raisin Day, and I have a delicious recipe to celebrate!
- 2.5 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- .5 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup applesauce or 2 mashed bananas
- 1.5 cups milk
- .5 cup chopped walnuts
- .25 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray, or use liners.
- Mix oats, cinnamon, and soda in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla, applesauce (or bananas), and milk. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Fold in walnuts and raisins.
- Divide evenly between 12 muffin tins. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the tops are golden and the center is set.
- Let cool, eat, and enjoy!
Personally, I like raisins, and they are a great addition to these muffins. Yet, I know that raisins get a bad rap for deceptively looking like chocolate chips in baked goods. If you prefer to use chocolate chips, I am sure that they would taste great in these muffins as well!
Let me know in the comments:
- Would you rather eat raisin muffins or chocolate chip muffins? Why?