In 2019, I am posting a roundup of “simple joys” on the last Saturday of every month. Feel free to share your own simple joys in the comments!
*Walking in slowly and hiding my face in shame because I haven’t posted all month long.
May has been busy! Honestly, I didn’t know if I would even finish this post because I haven’t had time to sit down and think through all of the events that have happened in May. Hopefully I didn’t miss anything important in this roundup.
- This month, I read 1775 poems by Emily Dickinson. (Don’t study English if you don’t like poems!) One of my favorites was “A Narrow Fellow in the Grass.”
- If you want a shorter poem, “Faith is a fine invention” is also clever.
- Out of the very few books that I scratched off the 100 Books Bucket List this month, In Cold Blood was the best.
1. “Death was Arrested” by North Point
He cancelled my debt and He called me His friend
When death was arrested and my life began.
2. “Heaven is the Hope” by Matthew West
Heaven is the Promise for me and for you
That all we really are is passing through
To something better.
3. “Creed” performed by Third Day & Brandon Heath
I believe what I believe . . .
is the very truth of God and not the invention of any man.
1. I went to Old Salem once this month. You read that right — once. If you know my normal routine, then you are shocked right now. I’m telling you — this month was busy! Thankfully, the one day that I did make it to Old Salem, a friend joined me on my trek through the gardens.
2. My brother and his fiance visited us for a week, and we celebrated their engagement with a shower/party. I enjoyed helping my mom plan the party, and I also enjoyed being photographer/gift recorder.
3. The night after the engagement party, my mom shared her testimony at a ladies’ event at church. I enjoyed hearing parts of her story that I had never heard before. Later that night, I reminisced with my grandmother, and on the following afternoon, my dad shared about his own laughable escapades. I treasure these sweet memories with my family!
What were your simple joys this month?