I don’t know about you, but today’s the last time I will feel twenty-two.
That’s right. Tomorrow is my 23rd birthday. The older I get, birthdays seem to become less and less important.
But that’s another blog post for another time. Today, we are making cupcakes, and (more specifically) some pretty amazing frosting.
This frosting is only three ingredients, but it steals the show. If you’re feeling fancy, you can make cake from scratch. Since I am
lazy simple, I used a cake mix.
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 cup PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice (I used a blend of stevia and sugar)
- 1/3 cup milk or water
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the ingredients together for 3-5 minutes, until everything is well-combined and fluffy. I paused about every 90 seconds to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Eat it! I used a large star tip to pipe the frosting onto chocolate cupcakes. This frosting would also be good between chocolate cookies, on a chocolate pie, or just on a spoon 🙂
Do you have a favorite birthday cupcake?