Every Saturday I share three simple things that brought me happiness during the week. These posts may grow or evolve as time passes. Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section!
1. The Rail Trail
Next time you want to run in Trumbull, CT, go to Pequonnock River Valley.
2. New jars of Blind Spot Nutbutter
I think this has been a simple joy before, but I always get excited when I get to try new flavors from my favorite nut butter company. Any suggestions for what I should do with the Thai Peanut Sauce?
3. The new Pine Cove Camps Instagram series.
I admit it, I am just using this post to brag that my idea made it somewhere beyond my brain.
Every Saturday, I share three simple things that brought me happiness during the week. These posts may grow or evolve as time passes. Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section.
This week, I have quoted Philippians 4:4 countless times.
Last week, I shared my first post in a series that I am writing with Emily and Naomi, and I discussed finding identity as God’s Workmanship. God personally made every individual that is on the earth, but not everyone can find their identity in Him because not everyone has a relationship with Him.
Three years ago yesterday, I entertained the notion that I should start a blog.
Entertaining a notion, like entertaining a baby cousin or entertaining a pack of hyenas, is a dangerous thing to refuse to do. If you refuse to entertain a baby cousin, the baby cousin may get bored and entertain itself by wandering off and falling down a well. If you refuse to entertain a pack of hyenas, they may become restless and entertain themselves by devouring you. But if you refuse to entertain a notion – which is just a fancy way of saying that you refuse to think about a certain idea – you have to be much braver than someone who is merely facing some blood-thirsty animals, or some parents who are upset to find their little darling at the bottom of a well, because nobody knows what an idea will do when it goes off to entertain itself.
Three years ago today, I let the notion entertain itself, and (somehow) this blog was self-created.
Sandy at thefitfoodieeats nominated me for a Liebster Award!
The Liebster is an award given from one blogger to another, usually with under 200 followers! It helps blogs discover each other, connect, and share some love! Here’s how this works.
The rules are simple:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award.
4. You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees.
My Answers to Sandy’s Questions:
- How did you become interested in your fitness and health? I cannot remember a time that my health was not important to me. Growing up, my family spent every weekend hiking, cycling, and exploring our state together. I played sports year-round in high school, and I absolutely LOVE pilates. Ultimately, my goal is to be a good steward of all that God has given me, and that includes taking care of my body.
- How do you stay motivated when you just don’t feel like doing exercise? If I don’t want to exercise, I listen to my body. Is it that I really need to rest or am I just being lazy? If it’s laziness, then I get my butt moving. If I need to rest, I might begin with some simple yoga poses and see how my body feels afterwards. I remind myself that a bad workout is better than no workout at all.
- What are your blogging ambitions? I just want to speak my mind and share my life with people. If I become a famous blogger, that would be awesome, but I am not setting out to become world-renown.
- What is the best piece of health/fitness advice you have ever been given? Listen to your body. Also, “Train like a beast; look like a beauty.”
- What’s your favourite sport/fitness activity? Running is my go-to stress relief, but I also love pilates and volleyball.
- How much of an impact has your health and fitness journey had on your life overall? As I said, fitness has always been part of my life. I love sweating, panting, and feeling sore!
- What is your favourite clean food? How can I choose??? There are so many!! Probably oatmeal.
- What single exercise do you feel you have seen the most benefits from? Running. It helps me both mentally and physically.
- What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to food? Beef and broccoli. I literally lick the bowl when I eat it.
- How do you like to spend you rest days? Reading, cooking, photography, and crafting.
My 10 Nominees:
Okay…I’m going to break the rules…10 is A LOT, so I am changing it to one. And as far as I’m concerned, everyone else has the right to do this as well.
My 10 Questions for these Bloggers: (warning–some of these questions are pretty random!)
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- What one thing do you love to do more than anything?
- Do you consider yourself an organized person?
- Describe your perfect meal.
- Name one person that inspires you.
- If you could no longer live in a house, what would you live in?
- What is, in your opinion, the worst fashion blunder?
- What is the most fascinating thing you have ever done?
- Do you think that boots can be worn in summer?