I’ve been seeing this recipe floating around the web, and I was excited to try it. It is simple, quick, and (most importantly) tasty.
2 Ingredient Banana Pancakes
- 1 over-ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- Optional toppings and fillings: cinnamon (my favorite), peanut butter, fresh berries
- Heat griddle or frying pan and liberally spray with oil (banana tends to stick!)
- In a bowl, mash your banana to smithereens.
- Whisk in eggs.
- Pour spoonfuls of the banana egg mixture onto the hot pan. Allow it to cook a few minutes on one side, until the top is bubbly.
- Flip the pancake and continue to cook the other side.
- Remove, top with fresh fruit or nuts, and eat!
It’s breakfast. It’s dessert. It’s a dip. It’s a pudding. It’s protein. It’s calcium. It’s simple. It’s healthy. It’s perfect!
As I was trying to complete a balanced day of meals, I realized that I needed to eat about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and a half cup of yogurt to get all the needed nutrients. A thought popped in my brain: “what if I mix those two together?” So I did, and let me tell you, it is a match made in heaven!! Grab the two needed supplies and get mixing!
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Combine all ingredients in a small to medium bowl.
- Mix well.
- Eat the harmonious combination. I recommend chopping fruit into the mixture or topping it with cereal for some textural excitement.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!