The moment I saw this tunic in the bin at a Goodwill Outlet Center, I thought of tulips, wooden shoes, and windmills. In honor of this shirt, I introduce to you Holland Oats.
Fresh apples, cinnamon, and honey make this recipe taste just like a traditional Dutch Apple Pie.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 apple, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 apple sliced (optional–for topping)
- Honey (optional–for topping)
- In a small pot, bring applesauce and water to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in oats and reduce heat to medium.
- Set a timer for five minutes. After 2.5 minutes, stir in the diced apple and cinnamon. Cook for the remaining 2.5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with honey and remaining apple. (So you know, I don’t think this recipe needs honey, and I have never topped it with honey, but I could see how some people would want the added sweetness). Enjoy!