Every Saturday I share three simple things that brought me happiness during the week. These posts may grow or change as time passes. Please feel free to share your own simple joys in the comments section!
March 24 – 30, 2018
1. A new season of Monk (kind of)
Although this season was released in 2006-2007, and I have seen all the episodes, I am now the owner of season five on DVD. I see a lot of Scrabble and Monk in my future.
Every Saturday, I share three simple things that brought me happiness during the week. These posts may grow or evolve as time passes. Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section.
This week, I have quoted Philippians 4:4 countless times.
From January to April, I was a student teacher at a local elementary school.
In my last month of student teaching, I made a list of the many reasons that I was eager to finish:
- I will have time to blog again.
- I will have time for photography again.
- I will have time to run again.
- I will have time to bake again.
- I will have more time. Period.
My mom’s side of the family makes an unbeatable baked macaroni and cheese. The ingredients? One pound of macaroni, one pound of cheese, and one quart of milk. Mix it all up, bake it, and eat gooey, cheesy bliss.
I am only one person, though. I cannot eat a full pan of mac-n-cheese all on my own. So when I recently had a hankering for mac-n-cheese, I created a quick, microwaveable version of this delicious side.
- 1/3 cup dry elbow macaroni (or in my case, Space Adventures pasta because I am a kid at heart)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbs cheddar cheese
- 1/8 cup milk
- Combine elbow macaroni and water in a large microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring when there are 2 minutes remaining and when there is 1 minute remaining.
- Stir in cheese and milk
- Microwave on high for an additional 1.5 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
I know. Your day starts at the crack of dawn and you don’t get a break until your head falls onto the pillow in the early morning hours. Exercise is not something you have time for. Here are some suggestions to live a little healthier in your hectic world.
Top 10 easy ways promote healthy living today:
- Go for a run/jog/walk during your lunch break.
- Eat oatmeal for breakfast. If you want a new, flavorful recipe, check out theoatmealartist.com. My favorite is the Overnight Orange Dreamsicle Oatmeal recipe.
- Do a pop song challenge on the Blogilates YouTube channel.
- Carry (and drink from) a water bottle.
- Enjoy my Peanut Butter Paradise Pudding recipe for a snack today.
- Choose poultry, nuts, or beans as your next source of protein.
- Spend the afternoon outside.
- Clean your kitchen.
- Do ten burpees RIGHT NOW (if you are at work, stretch out your arms and legs).
- Smile, laugh, and embrace life.