Popcorn is good on its own, but the addition of white chocolate and sprinkles makes it birthday-week-worthy.
I shared this popcorn with the third- and fourth-graders at my church, and they could not quit eating it! I lost count of how many times I heard, “Can I have some more popcorn?”
I wonder why some ice cream companies dye their mint ice cream green and other companies make white mint ice cream. Personally, I don’t think the color affects the flavor–I love a few scoops of white mint ice cream from Breyer’s as much as I love a green mint Klondike bar. This month, I couldn’t resist the opportunity to make green mint chocolate chip cookie bars for St. Patrick’s Day.
If you are only here for the recipe, you can find it below the next picture. If you want to read about how I went a little mint crazy last fall, keep scrolling!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 overripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (optional)
- 2 large handfuls of spinach (for the green color, optional)
I never intend to stockpile nut butter; it just happens. I buy a few jars of nut butter on sale. Then my brother gives me nut butter as a present. Then a friend hands off a flavored nut butter that she doesn’t like. Then I win a giveaway. Next thing you know, I’ve got 10 jars of nut butter and only one mouth to feed. If you (like me) ever find yourself with an accidental stockpile of nut butter, bake a batch of these bars!
Do you buy discounted chocolate the day after Valentine’s day? If so, the February cookie bar of the month is perfect for you!
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag (12 ounces) white chocolate chips
- 24 Hershey kisses
Have you ever heard of Oatmeal Monday? No? Well, I hadn’t either until a few weeks ago. I’ll tell you all about it after this recipe.
- One 20 oz. can pineapple slices in juice (both the slices and the juice will be used)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup vanilla protein powder (or oat flour)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5.3 ounces (1 single-serve container) pineapple Greek yogurt
Does anyone else see the perfection of celebrating National Peanut Butter Day (today, January 24) during National Oatmeal Month (January). It’s a match made in heaven!
- 1 cup milk (or water, but milk will yield a creamier result)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Hershey Kiss