Have you ever heard of Oatmeal Monday? No? Well, I hadn’t either until a few weeks ago. I’ll tell you all about it after this recipe.
- One 20 oz. can pineapple slices in juice (both the slices and the juice will be used)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup vanilla protein powder (or oat flour)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5.3 ounces (1 single-serve container) pineapple Greek yogurt
I have 365 photo prompts, and I have used 31 of them. How long will I stick with this project? Your guess is as good as mine.
3. A pile of…
17. Through the Window
18. Bible Verse
26. Look Up
27. Ice Cream
29. Worm’s Eye View
Simple Joy Saturday will look a little different in 2019. Instead of posting 3 “simple joys” every Saturday, I am going to post a roundup of “simple joys” on the last Saturday of every month. My hope is that the content of these posts will be more substantial and that I will post more consistently.
- The Year of Less by Cait Flanders
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Cristie
My mom bought me a “100 Books Bucket List Scratch-Off Poster” for Christmas. Since then, I have been listening to audiobooks like my life depended on it, and I have only listened to two books that were not on the poster: The Year of Less by Cait Flanders and Shouldn’t You Be in School by Lemony Snicket. In my opinion, those two books should have made the list, and a few other books should be removed from the poster.
Does anyone else see the perfection of celebrating National Peanut Butter Day (today, January 24) during National Oatmeal Month (January). It’s a match made in heaven!
- 1 cup milk (or water, but milk will yield a creamier result)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Hershey Kiss
After hearing various people make general complaints about scrolling for hours to reach the recipe at the bottom of a blog post, I’ve decided to start with the recipe and follow with a story. You can read my opinion about recipe locations below, and I would love to read your opinion in the comments!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar (more or less to taste)
August 31 is National Trail Mix Day
I’ll probably spend National Trail Mix Day (Friday) at work (like most of you, I assume).
August is National Sandwich Month
August 2 is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day!
Have I ever mentioned how much I love ice cream?