Happy National Eat a Peach Day!
English majors see symbolism everywhere.
Milk symbolizes abundance. Seeds symbolize life. Peaches symbolize youth. Tea symbolizes peace.
I can’t promise you an abundant life of youth and peace, but I can promise you a good breakfast.
- 1 peach, diced
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup peach tea, cooled
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- Combine 1/2 peach, chia seeds, tea, and milk in a sealable container. Seal, shake, and chill overnight.
- In the morning, add remaining 1/2 peach
- Eat and enjoy!
P.S. I am linking up with Angie and her cohosts Mollie @ The Frugal Hausfrau and Mikaela @ Iris and Honey for Fiesta Friday.
Guess what today is? No, really–try and guess (hint: see the title of this post)…that’s Right!! It’s national pink day!
In my opinion, every day should be pink day, but I will settle for truly celebrating only once a year.
I formulated this frozen yogurt recipe especially for today. It is simple and is pure enough to be eaten for breakfast (that’s what I did!). Be sure to comment below and tell me how you are spending your national pink day!
Blushing Frozen Yogurt
- 6 oz. strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup canned peaches, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (drained and rinsed)
- Toppings (I topped mine with 1/2 cup whole grain cereal)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove and mix well.
- Freeze for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove and mix.
- At this point, the frozen yogurt is ready to eat. If you allow it to freeze overnight (as I did), it will be solid in the morning. Simply place it in the microwave for about 25 seconds and stir to make it scoopable.
- Scoop it, top it, and eat it!
Happy Pink Day!!