Happy National Eat a Peach Day!
English majors see symbolism everywhere.
Milk symbolizes abundance. Seeds symbolize life. Peaches symbolize youth. Tea symbolizes peace.
I can’t promise you an abundant life of youth and peace, but I can promise you a good breakfast.
- 1 peach, diced
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup peach tea, cooled
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- Combine 1/2 peach, chia seeds, tea, and milk in a sealable container. Seal, shake, and chill overnight.
- In the morning, add remaining 1/2 peach
- Eat and enjoy!
P.S. I am linking up with Angie and her cohosts Mollie @ The Frugal Hausfrau and Mikaela @ Iris and Honey for Fiesta Friday.
For a Southern girl, I don’t drink a lot of sweet iced tea. Don’t get me wrong; it’s tasty on a hot summer day. I just would rather have a steaming cup of hot lemon tea. Or peach tea. Or green tea.
One thing is for sure though. I LOVE overnight oatmeal. No matter what type of tea you prefer, tea steeped oatmeal is a unique way to add new flavor to a classic breakfast food.
Here’s the basic recipe:
- 1 tea bag
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup milk
- Bring water to a boil and pour 1/3 cup into a mason jar. Add tea bag and let sit at least an hour.
- Add 1/2 cup oats, 1/4 cup milk, and “mix-ins”
- Seal jar and shake vigorously.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove tea bag from the oatmeal mixture before eating (if preferred, this can be warmed in the microwave before eating).
**If you prefer to make your oatmeal in the morning, boil 3/4 cup of water with tea bag and 1/4 cup milk. Reduce to low heat and add oatmeal. Cook for approximately 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl and add mix-ins.
1. Orange Tea Steeped Overnight Oatmeal.
- Black pekoe-cut tea
- 2 tbs. raisins, chopped
- 1/2 orange, sliced
2. Green Tea and Nectarine Overnight Oatmeal
- Green tea
- Nectarine, pitted and chopped
3. Dark Citrus Overnight Oatmeal
4. Tart Tea Overnight Oatmeal
- Lemon tea
- Dried cranberries
5. Pomegranate Punch Overnight Oatmeal
- Pomegranate Tea
6. Plum Spiced Apple Overnight Oatmeal
7. Calm Carrot Cake Chamomile Overnight Oatmeal
- Chamomile Tea
- Shredded Carrots
8. Minty Morning Overnight Oatmeal
**This may sound like a weird combination. I was leery of it, but don’t be afraid. It is actually really refreshing!
9. Prominent Pumpkin Overnight Oatmeal
- Earl Grey Tea
- Canned Pumpkin
10. Relaxing Honeydew Overnight Oatmeal
- Chamomile-Mint Blend Tea
- Honeydew, cubed
What is your favorite tea flavor?