1. Celebrating the day that Christ was born to die so that I could live for Him
2. Spending time with family
- Try a flavored peanut butter (Dark Chocolate Dreams and Fit and Nutty are two of my favorites)
- Add fresh fruit (banana slices, berries, and grapes add a great texture and flavor)
- Top with chocolate chips. Because chocolate.
- Use a flavored bread. Imagine Peanut Butter Brownie with strawberry jelly on banana bread, … or Bliss’s cinnamon peanut butter with grape jelly on raisin bread … yum!
- Eat it warm! Get out the panini press because the only thing better than peanut butter is gooey peanut butter.
- Turn it into French toast.
- Smear on a unique jelly or jam. Grape and strawberry are great, but there are some other great options. My favorites are blueberry preserves, carrot cake jam, apple pie jam, and huckleberry jelly.
- Use produce instead of bread. I personally love Espresso nut butter sandwiched between sweet potato toast or Mighty Maple peanut butter on apple slices.
- Use two types of nut butter and/or two types of jelly. Hear me out: Nutella + crunchy peanut butter + strawberry jelly.
- Cookie cutters can make cute mini-sandwiches
Our brains are truly incredible; as I wrote this post, my mind sang a song that I have not heard in 6 years.
The lyrics are pretty simple, but they are appropriate for this post.
I’m not ashamed of the one who saved my soul.
This fire inside of me is burning for your name;
I’m not ashamed!
Generally speaking, I still feel like a teenager. Sure, I’m in grad school, I have a full-time job, and I pay my own rent, but when someone asks me my age, I respond, “eightee–I mean, twenty-three.”
Whether you are young-in-age or young-at-heart, strive to obey God’s six specific instructions for youth.
Ten Verses for Those Who are Young
First, God desires for youth to be obedient.
If there’s one thing I’m good at, it’s complaining.
- I’m tired of sitting.
- The lesson is boring.
- The WiFi is inconsistent.
- Gas is expensive.
- Traffic is slow.
- I’m hungry.
Yep, I could whine your ears off. The following ten verses are intended for me.
Ten Verses for When You Feel Whiny
Nancy Leigh DeMoss, author of Lies Women Believe, wrote,
Most people–even Christians–have unthinkingly exposed themselves to so much deception that they do not even realize they are being deceived (35).
Every day, we are vulnerable to an attack from Satan. He “holds out the glittering promise of ‘real life'” (32), desiring to “win our affections, influence our choices, and destroy our lives” (32).
On our own, we are defenseless. Like a rose in a hurricane, we can do nothing to stop the onslaught. Thankfully, we don’t have to fight alone. The verses below show that when we are vulnerable to Satan’s lies, God is ready with the truth.