October is National Popcorn Poppin’ Month and National Apple Month and National Pretzel Month!
As a child, my brother and I ate popcorn daily after school. I still love a big bowl of salty popcorn, but I recently discovered a better way to enjoy this snack.
September is National Honey Month and National Rice Month
So I’m sitting here looking through my pictures of teriyaki cauliflower, and it occurs to me that this meal would be basically impossible to eat with chopsticks.
I could probably eat the cauliflower with chopsticks, but rice and peas? What was I thinking?
Oh well. The pictures look decent. I’ll just grab a spoon before I eat this.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs. honey
- 1 tbs. freshly grated ginger
- green onion
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- Chop cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Roast cauliflower for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, honey, and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and stir into sauce. Return cauliflower from pan and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice and top with green onion.
P.S. I am linking up with Angie and her cohosts Catherine @ Kunstkitchen’s Blog and Becky @ Bubbly Bee for Fiesta Friday.
September is National Honey Month
The day after I first made this hummus, I ate it at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It’s that good. It’s also incredibly easy to prepare. Snickerdoodle hummus is made of simple ingredients including cashew butter, honey, and (of course) cinnamon. I love to eat it with carrots or cinnamon tortilla chips, but all you really need is a spoon!
August 31 is National Trail Mix Day
I’ll probably spend National Trail Mix Day (Friday) at work (like most of you, I assume).
Happy National Eat a Peach Day!
English majors see symbolism everywhere.
Milk symbolizes abundance. Seeds symbolize life. Peaches symbolize youth. Tea symbolizes peace.
I can’t promise you an abundant life of youth and peace, but I can promise you a good breakfast.
- 1 peach, diced
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup peach tea, cooled
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- Combine 1/2 peach, chia seeds, tea, and milk in a sealable container. Seal, shake, and chill overnight.
- In the morning, add remaining 1/2 peach
- Eat and enjoy!
P.S. I am linking up with Angie and her cohosts Mollie @ The Frugal Hausfrau and Mikaela @ Iris and Honey for Fiesta Friday.
August is National Sandwich Month
August 2 is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day!
Have I ever mentioned how much I love ice cream?
June 23 is National Pink Day!
Last summer, I fell in love with smoothie bowls. Every Saturday as soon we we were released from media and cleaning duties, my camp compadre drove us to Nekter Juice Bar for acai bowls piled high with strawberries, granola, and bananas. She always purchased a berry-laden bowl, but I sampled every option.